SMILE! It makes the world wonder
what you're up too!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

So much fun bundled in a box of STRESS!

RAGNAR!!!!
Last month we were assigned to document the ragnar race for Icon.
We were highlighting a couple NordicTrack teams, FreeMotion team
and a girl and guys"Elite team."
We were given a piece of paper that had everyones names and which
leg they were running.
Our job was to find them, at the right time might I add, and catch
them on film running.
For those of you that don't know. Ragnar is a 24 hour relay.
You have 12 people on your team and you have to get
from Logan Utah to Park City Utah= 188 miles.
So we started at 7:30 friday morning and I got home Saturday
around 8:00. There are teams starting the race friday morning around
5:00 til friday night around 6:00. So there are teams finishing
all day saturday.
Anyways so it was SUCH an adventure, for sure a learning experience!

This pic is at snow basin. Pretty sweet, they had free massage and
chiropractic for the runners, along with a band
(that sucked) drinks etc.Pretty cool lil set up they got going on. We got so many people excited when we would come flying by with the camera watching them run.
I have never been trained in the video camera department...so when out of the blue i'm asked to go be one at the finish line catching the teams we were following come in...I got a lil stressed. Ok a lot stressed. At this point I was running on one hour of sleep, it was 90 degrees and I was in jeans and a long sleeve shirt. (Good thing the shirt was mesh or I would have died, no i'm not being dramatic.) I laugh about it now but at this point I was having to focus on not crying I was just so tired and drained. Anyways...not one to brag or anything but pretty sure I have some good footage. haha ;)
This is my buddy Rick "the Camera Man" Page. I was his P.A. for the Ragnar, we had some good times and good laughs.
First trip to Bear Lake this summer. That place is great! The water still needs to take some time to warm up but it sure is fun. Made some new friends Josh and wait for it wait for it...Josh. haha. There were other to, but these two helped us build the grand castle.

5 comments:

Alissa said...

YAY!! You updated your BLOG!!! Sweet. You look so important and professional in those pics!!! sweet. Can't wait to see you!!

Adam and Victoria said...

well thats nothing like the castles we made a heward beach. :) remember when we had the snell race?

Stephanie said...

Holy cow that sand castle is huge!!!!! I have never seen one that big before.

We are going to bear lake next week. I hate cold lake water. So I'm bummed that you said it was cold.

Heidi Allred said...

Look at YOU! Pretty soon, you're going to master all of the arts! Man, I miss you~!%#$$^%*(^

lisa said...

That is one race I will never do! Brennen did it last year with JJCole. Craziness! I can't believe the jeans and long-sleeve, i would have passed out. Brennen's sister has a cabin in Bear Lake, so we are definitely loving it the new found joys there too! Loved the update!